× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 626x lost shares

Mikeman5263
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 626x lost shares

Had this 3 months and suddenly it lost it's mind. The shares I created are no longer showing up under shares in the web interface. The folders and their contents are in Data if I connect to it with the admin user, but that is useless to the users who use it on a daily basis. Any way of getting those shares back? I have temporarily recreated shares and copied the files but I cannot have this happening in a live Production environment. Also, how can I backup the configuration in case this happens again. (I can't believe they make you buy email support after 3 months).

Model: RN626X|ReadyNAS 626X – 6 Bays with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 1 of 4
Mikeman5263
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS 626x lost shares

OK, worked out the backup of the config but I really need to know what happened, why and how to undo it. Having to pay for email support after 3 months on a NAS is totally rediculous.

Message 2 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

If the shares are visible in data via SMB as admin and in SSH, then this script run from SSH (as root) will probably fix it.  But first check that the OS partition is not almost full, as that can cause lots of issues.  For some reason (which I think Netgear should investigate), this seems to happen way more than it used to.

Message 3 of 4
rn_enthusiast
Virtuoso

+1 for the script Sandshark posted

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements