× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 628 stuck at "NETGEAR Storage Welcome"

usncole
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 628 stuck at "NETGEAR Storage Welcome"

As of the 6.9.4 update my RN628X gets stuck at the NETGEAR Storage Welcome screen. If I keep shutting it off and turning it back on it eventually boots. However, it takes around 25-100 tries. The server will only stay up for around 5-12 hours before it freezes and is inaccessible, requiring me to attempt rebooting again. What's going on? Is it possible to system restore WITHOUT losing all of my files? I have tried rolling back the firmware to the last update and the issue doesn't go away. The only thing running on the server is PLEX and I have not had any issues since I got the unit around 6 months ago. I'd hate to RMA the thing and need advice. Thank you.

Model: RN628X|ReadyNAS 628X - Ultimate Performance Business Data Storage - 8-Bay
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 628 stuck at "NETGEAR Storage Welcome"

I'd download the log zip file, and then PM Netgear mods ( @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V  ) and ask them if they are willing to analyze them.

Also, look in disk_info.log and see if there are any disk errors in the SMART stats.

Message 2 of 3
usncole
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS 628 stuck at "NETGEAR Storage Welcome"

Thanks for the advice. I checked the logs last night when I was finally able to get the thing to boot and have no hard disk errors. I decided to go ahead and open an RMA request last night.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements