× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Backup (2 NAS Units and 2 USB)

Nick_Nandhra
Tutor

ReadyNAS Backup (2 NAS Units and 2 USB)

In need for some help / advice...

I've got 2 NAS drives (both are Ready NAS 314 and 104) both running the latest OS 6.4.0 and on the same network. There is a long story of why I now have two, but simply putting my old unit died after a power cut, this was replaced with the 104 by Netgear and in the mean time I purchased a 314 thinking i could simply put my old drives into the unit and it will work.

I finally got around to sorting out a backup solution for the units, so i decided to get 2 2TB USB Drives and connect 1 to each.

The USB is connected to the bottom rear USB on the 314 (as the power backup is connected to the top) and the second USB is connected to the top USB of the 104.

Ideally I would like each NAS unit to be backed up to each separate drives, the backup jobs have been setup in such a way that one to start just after midnight and the second to start 6hrs later. On running the first job it seems as if both USB drives are being used (as they were spinning) - have i set this up correctly / has anyone else done this?

Message 1 of 2
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS Backup (2 NAS Units and 2 USB)

The USB disks would likely be spinning even when the backup jobs are not running. Have you checked to look for this when you have no backup jobs running?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements