× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo V1 fan full speed

LoRu
Follower

ReadyNAS Duo V1 fan full speed

Hi,

I have a problem with my ReadyNAS Duo V1.
After the upgrade to version 4.1.15 cooling operates at full capacity.
The same problem is described in this post: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Duo-v1-Radiator-4-1-14-Fan-maxed-out-and-wont-r...
but the discussion is closed.

I tested different versions firmvare from 4.1.8 to version 4.1.15 and all the same behave fan 😞
I swapped fan without changing the behavior still at full speed
Swapped drives, no change behavior, still at full speed.
default settings, no change behavior, still at full speed.
Reinstal OS, no change behavior, still at full speed.

How do I fix this?

Best Regards

Krzysztof

Model: RND2000v1|READYNAS DUO v1|EOL
Message 1 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS Duo V1 fan full speed

There could be a problem with the sensor. If that's the case the system would fall back to running the fan at full speed.

Message 2 of 9
howienet
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem after upgrade. Tried various firmware. 

When you say problem with the sensor, where is the sensor? how can we resolve this?

Message 3 of 9
Colred
Aspirant

I also have the same problem, made a factory reset, and efter that the fan is running on 5700rpm

Message 4 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@Colred wrote:

I also have the same problem, made a factory reset, and efter that the fan is running on 5700rpm

I've seen that happen for a few minutes after the reset (the fan remains running at the fast speed set by the boot process until the software is installed on the NAS disks).  But it should stop fairly quickly.

Are you still seeing it?

Message 5 of 9
Colred
Aspirant

Yes its still the same, i tried to install an older version of the firmware but still stuck at about 5700rm, i also tried to calibra the fan but that did not help. About an hour ago i turned it of. I will try to start it when i get home and se if its better!

Message 6 of 9
howienet
Aspirant

I'm still seeing it myself. I've read a forum thread that suggested it's a faulty fan which is causing it to spin constantly loudly at full speed. 

So I've purchased https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00TYN3OEI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 in preparation of swapping it out (it's also a quieter fan apparently) so will see if that makes any difference. 

Message 7 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@howienet wrote:

I'm still seeing it myself. I've read a forum thread that suggested it's a faulty fan which is causing it to spin constantly loudly at full speed. 

What temperatures are you seeing?

Message 8 of 9
Colred
Aspirant

My temps were 25 c on both, after a shutdown it wont start again, so i will burrie mine 😞 The only thing running now is actually the fan 🙂

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements