× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo V2: does not power up, only ACT led lights once

cosmik
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Duo V2: does not power up, only ACT led lights once

Hello all, got a ReadyNAS Duo v2,  bought on October 2012. The device has been running 24/7 during this time, even though the single disk contained was tuned to spin down. The NAS is connected to a UPS.

No problems at all, until some days ago, when for some reason the duov2 switched off, without any apparent reason. Thought I had a UPS fault at the time, plus a difficult work load, so I did not pay attention at the time. The thing is that I removed the power supply adapter and reconnected it, but the readynas again did not power up. It did, after a couple of times, fiddling with the cable.

The unit worked again just fine, until some moments ago, when it went dead again, for no apparent reason. The thing is that this time fiddling with the cord does nothing at all. Details:

* I removed the cable and reconnected it. No matter how I insert it, the ACT blue led lights once, then it goes off. No activity takes place whatsover.

* I used a digital voltmeter to measure the PSU voltage, seems ok at 12.26Volts.

* I had a 12V/4Amp power supply with the same polarity around. Even though the current rating was lower (4Amp instead of 5), I decided to give it a try. Same result: ACT lights up once, then goes dead...

I am at loss on what to do here. Seems my 3 year guarantee expired less than 2 months ago! Would netgear help in that scenario?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
cosmik
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Duo V2: does not power up, only ACT led lights once

<Face palm>: Well , I just had to press the power on off for the device to power up (doh).

So, the problem for me is now to find out, what cuts off power from the device...

Consider thread closed/solved until further notice.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
cosmik
Aspirant

<Face palm>: Well , I just had to press the power on off for the device to power up (doh).

So, the problem for me is now to find out, what cuts off power from the device...

Consider thread closed/solved until further notice.

Message 2 of 3
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi cosmik,

You may now tag this thread as resolved by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button in one of the responses that you received. Also, this thread can be updated anytime in case there are other issues.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements