× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo V2 stuck at Setup

aks
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Re: ReadyNAS Duo V2 stuck at Setup

Would a "hot swap" be any different to a factory default which you've tried already?
Message 26 of 30
gbunk
Aspirant

Ran the unit for +/- 36 hours and it seems stable (let me access shares, transfer files, and login/browse Frontview without errors).

Tony, I don't think I want to try the Hot Swap. I considered it, but I don't want to take the chance trusting that drive that won't install "properly". I'll try to scan again with SeaTools tomorrow if I can.

mdgm, would you like to see any logs from the unit with the "good drive" running?

-Garry
Message 27 of 30
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Don't think I need to see the logs.

Make sure you have a good backup and you should be O.K.
Message 28 of 30
gbunk
Aspirant

Well I took the original Seagate drive and connected it internally to desktop PC. SeaTools then saw the drive. I ran every scan I could and all passed without any issues. I then performed Seagate's "Erase All Data" command (which I believe is a low-level format or "zero fill") which ran fine. Popped the drive into the NAS and let it boot up properly. Came to "Click Setup" status in RAIDar, clicked and ran through X-RAID2 choice . . . nothing again! RAIDar just sits there showing "click setup" status. So for some reason this DUO v2 doesn't like this Seagate HDD.

I have a new WD RED 1TB NAS hard drive coming. I will do a fresh setup with that one. Do you think I should then try to add the Seagate as HDD #2? Or would you not trust it? (Keeping in mind that when I did get into Front view on the Seagate it used to give me all kinds of errors.)

-Garry
Message 29 of 30
gbunk
Aspirant

Well interestingly enough I disconnected the NAS w/Seagate HDD from the network, direct connected it to a laptop, factory defaulted, let it time out the 10 minutes for auto-X-RAID2 setup (I didn't even attempt the manual setup), and it works! Seems normal and Frontview browses without errors! So perhaps the issue has been the network setup all along! I'm not sure why as we have two other Netgear ReadyNAS's on the network without any issues. I'm going to let it sit and confirm that it remains stable.

So TIP - when you have trouble with setup/config and/or have access/communication issues then try a direct connection!

-Garry
Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements