× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo v2 USB recovery procedure?

Zoegge
Follower

ReadyNAS Duo v2 USB recovery procedure?

Hello dear community

After having troubles with my ReadyNAS Duo v2 (poor performance of about 0.3 kbps read access) I consulted diffrent formus.

In one of that is was mentionned tro upgrade the firmware to the latest versions.

I've tried several times over the internet - without success. Even if in the log file it was written, that the version 5.3.11 was installed and after the next reboot it will be ready, it was not.

Then I tried ones to set the default parameters and since then I am not able anymore to access the device.

So I am now looking for a procedure to reinstall the firmware over the USB device, since I am not able anymore to use the dashboard.

Thanks for any helpful support, because all that has been found so far didn't work 😞

Kind regards

Zoegge

Message 1 of 4
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS Duo v2 USB recovery procedure?

Hi Zoegge,

Welcome to the community!

It would be better if we could further isolate the problem that you have experienced. If its possible, let's eliminate network issues (if there is). Connect your PC to the ReadyNAS via LAN then try to detect and access it using RAIDar and File Explorer. If the same speed or performance issue persists, let's use or setup your ReadyNAS using a fresh disk.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I'm far from convinced that USB Boot Recovery is needed here.

USB Boot Recovery is only useful if the firmware on the flash is corrupt and from the symptoms you have described that sounds unlikely. A problem on the OS partition on the disks is much more likely.

Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It appears one of your disks is bad.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements