× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Duo v2: lost network connection; both lights at the ethernet port are off

vitk
Follower

ReadyNAS Duo v2: lost network connection; both lights at the ethernet port are off

My ReadyNAS Duo v2 device lost connectivity. The device is invisible on the network and  both lights at the Ethernet port are off.

Questions: Does that indicate HW problem wirth the device network interface?

Can it be restored by OS reinstall?

If connectivity cannot be restored, how can I get the data from the device, say, to a USB -= attached backup disk? (I did not configure the backup button on the device)

Thank you for your help!

Model: ReadyNASRND2220|ReadyNAS Duo 4TB (2 X 2TB)
Message 1 of 2
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: ReadyNAS Duo v2: lost network connection; both lights at the ethernet port are off

What indication do you see on the router/switch side?  What do you see on each side when the power is off?  Does anything happen if you disconnect and re-connect with power on?

I have a Duo V2 that will not connect properly to any "green" switch.  If you are currently on a switch, can you plug it into the router directly or to another switch?  How about directly into a computer (just to see what the lights do, we can try talking to it later if it makes a difference)?

In my case,  I believe the tranceiver is damaged.  I acquired it that way, and I suspect it saw a surge on the ethernet port.  The part is unavailable in quantities under 100.  I hope your problem is less severe.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements