× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ 4.1.8-T9 and AFP Issues

ChrisMc73
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ 4.1.8-T9 and AFP Issues

I just got my new RMA'd NV+, loaded up my 4 disks, and updated to the new beta firmware 4.1.8-T9, so that I can run my MacPro Lion Time Machine backups.
I cannot connect to any of my AFP shares however. CIFS works great, but I want to use AFP, thats what I had setup before my hardware failed.
So all my iTunes music/movies are pointing to an AFP share and my Adobe Lightroom catalog is pointing to my pictures share which is also AFP.

Any clues to what might be wrong with my AFP connections, I've tried to manually connect to the NAS via IP address and /{share name}, it says it doesn't exist.
In the setup from frontview, all my shares have AFP enabled, and I've tried disable and re-enabling them as well.

I'm not really sure what to do next...? Any ideas?
Message 1 of 2
ChrisMc73
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ 4.1.8-T9 and AFP Issues

Ha, I feel dumb now. When I first connected to the NV+, I was using the user name "ReadyNAS" and my password, that I had setup for Time Machine access.
So no wonder when I manually tried to connect using this, all I was seeing as the Time Machine backups. When I disconnected, and just hit it regularly, I guess as a guest, all my shares are there.
So I'm able to connect to my shares AFP now. I would assume if I setup a username/password for the shares, I could connect using them, but I don't have that need, so guest is fine.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements