× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ Can Connect with RAIDar, but will not enter browse or admin page

caddy512
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ Can Connect with RAIDar, but will not enter browse or admin page

Hello,

I have a old ReadyNAS NV+ and am trying to get it to connect to a new computer.  I installed RAIDar version 6.4 and it discovers the NV+ no problem.  But it will not let me Browse or Admin Page the drive.  Error Box pops up: "Your NETGEAR storage is not accessible from this computer. Check your network settings."

Have tried adding to my credential manager with no success. NV+ Hardlined to laptop.  192.168.168.168 displayed on front.

Help!

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ Can Connect with RAIDar, but will not enter browse or admin page

Hi @caddys512

Welcome to the Community!

Your NAS having 192.168.168.168 IP means it's not acquiring any from your DHCP server/router, it's the fail over address/default address when the NAS fails to acquire an IP.

Have you checked your router if it still can provide IPs? or tried to change the cable or port where the NAS is connecting to?

Please see this.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ Can Connect with RAIDar, but will not enter browse or admin page

@caddy512 wrote:

NV+ Hardlined to laptop.  192.168.168.168 displayed on front.

To use it this way you need to assign a compatible address to the laptop NIC (for instance, 192.168.168.100).

If you aren't sure how to do that, then connect the NV+ directly to your router.

Message 3 of 5
caddy512
Aspirant

I have connected it to the router.  I am able to see the admin page on my web browser, but still cannot open and view the files.  When I click "browse" on RAIDar it only opens up a "my documents" on the computer, not the NV+ files.

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@caddy512 wrote:

I am able to see the admin page on my web browser

Ok, that's a good first step.  Now you have connectivity.

@caddy512 wrote:

but still cannot open and view the files.  

Are you using a Windows 10 PC?  Your old NAS only supports SMB 1.  Microsoft is deprecating that, and no longer installs the SMB 1 client in Windows 10.  You'll need to manually install it - go into "turn windows features on/off" on the PC, and you'll find the SMB 1 client.

SMB 1 isn't a secure protocol, but you will need to install it anyway in order to access your NAS from file explorer.  In my opinion, the security risks on a home network are quite manageable, but opinions vary on that.  If you want SMB 3 longer term, you'll need to replace the NAS.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements