× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ V2

les56
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ V2

I had a disk 1 failure so i replaced the disk and it sync 100% and now shows the ip address and drive C: Status. the ip address has change from the original ip address which is strange and also the Server (AFP) and Server (CIFS) shows on File Finder (mac) but neither will connect via the ethernet connection

Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ V2

What firmware are you running?

Is the new IP address in your subnet?

Are you able to access the web ui?

Message 2 of 7
les56
Aspirant

hi

im runningFirmware 5.3.11

I have reverted back to my old web site parameters and switched the ReadyNas back on and have now got my original ip address back. im using RAIDar 6.4 latest update and can see the status of the drives all showing heathy but i can not open the "ip-addr/admin" as chrome says the site can not be reached and safari says can not establish a secure connection when i press the admin button on RAIDar.

Finder is still showing connection failed when server AFP selected etc

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Safari (and Chrome) will give security warnings, since the NAS certificate is self-signed.  I don't use safari, but it is straightforward to click through the warnings in Chrome.

Can you ping the NAS ip address?

Message 4 of 7
les56
Aspirant

yes i can ping.

I can see Server (AFP) and Sever (CIFS) on my network but can not connect to either

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

One option would be to use paid support (my.netgear.com) for this.  They can access the NAS remotely and should be able to diagnose the problem.  Ask about per-incident support, it likely would be less expensive than a support contract.

Message 6 of 7
les56
Aspirant

Thank you

i was thinking this would be my only option.

regards

les

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements