× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ Won't Power Up

bertschj
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ Won't Power Up

Hello -

My NV+ will not power up.  PS not smoked - just no power.  Reseated RAM also - no change.  Saw several threads regarding defective PS - my serial falls within range - 000D-A201-837E.  Called Netgear and they said no longer replacing.

Case- 28843310 if that helps.

Couple things:

1- is that correct?  Saw thread from a few months ago and they replaced then.

2 - If no more replacements, is it possible to use PS from NV+/RND4410v3 unit?  I've purchased a new RN214, but need this up so I can transfer.

If neither possible, any other ideas besides purchasing PS from Amazon?

Thanks

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello bertschj,

I'm sorry but this unit is very old that Netgear no longer manufactures even its PSU.

You might be able to find a someone who sells ReadyNAs NV+v1 power supply on the Internet. The part number is RND4PSU1-10000S.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello bertschj,

I'm sorry but this unit is very old that Netgear no longer manufactures even its PSU.

You might be able to find a someone who sells ReadyNAs NV+v1 power supply on the Internet. The part number is RND4PSU1-10000S.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
bertschj
Aspirant

Thanks Jenn

Is this possible?

"is it possible to use PS from NV+/RND4410v3 unit? "

Message 3 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello bertschj,

RND4410v3 is probably a Sparc-based NAS too. Can you PM me the SN? I will try to check if I can identify if it is Sparc-based which is the same as the v1.

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
bertschj
Aspirant

I used the power supply from the RDN4410 and it works fine in the RDN4000.

Message 5 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello bertschj,

If that is the case, then I am glad you were able to make it work. I strongly suggest to always have an updated backup of the data.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements