× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ & MySQL

JaseGW
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ & MySQL

Hi,

Readynas NV+ comes with MySQL v5.0.24a
I need to upgrade/install v5.5 or above as a DB I have in v5.5 format needs to be installed. Tried importing with MySQL workbench but to no avail.

Can someone point me in the direction for the correct download and some instructions on how to do it please!

Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
JaseGW
Aspirant

Bumped!

Thank you all for your suggestions, especially Netgear support, if they bother to read these forums.
Message 2 of 5
JaseGW
Aspirant

Well, great eh.
Ditched the ReadyNAS and got one that works properly, with good support.
Message 3 of 5
JaseGW
Aspirant

Such a shame really, Netgear stuff can be good, but as for Tech Support, that sucks. Still have this box collecting dust as I still not found a solution or a way to get 5.5 on there.
Message 4 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Some support people do browse this forum, however if you need support follow the advice here: http://www.readynas.com/support

Do note that MySQL is provided for ReadyNAS Photos and other uses are unsupported. For ReadyNAS Photos there is no need for an update to a newer version of MySQL.

Updating to MySQL 5.5 would likely require you get the source code and backport it, which is not an easy task. You could of course install the APT add-on and check if there is MySQL 5.5 able to be installed using that.

Remember the NV+ (v1) is an evolutionary improvement over a product released in Feb 2006. A lot has changed since then including largely the ceasing of 3rd party development for the Sparc architecture.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements