× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV - blue light slow blinking & HDD light blinking

patrickcheah
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV - blue light slow blinking & HDD light blinking

Hi,

I need help. Started my ReadyNAS NV one day and the power blue light is slowing blinking and also disk 2 green light blinking. Read it somewhere that it could be because it's resyncing. So, I left it. It's been 6 days now. And it's still blinking non stop.....Can't be resyncing for that long right? I only have 4 x 500Gb HDD.

I have no access to the ReadyNAS at all. Not even through the web access page. Only pinging returns correctly.

Could someone pls help or guide me to the necessary post if it had happened in the past. Thank you.

Patrick
Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS NV - blue light slow blinking & HDD light blink

Can you see the NAS in RAIDar (http://www.readynas.com/downloads)?
Message 2 of 4
patrickcheah
Aspirant

yup just tried. nothing!

Only the "Rescan", "About", "Help, "Exit" buttons are selectable. The rest of the buttons are grey out. Ping from the PC to the NV returns the correct IP. But RAIDar couldn't find the NV?

Btw, it's been working fine for the past 5-6 years. Only 2 weeks ago it started to act up. I didn't do anything to it except the notification informed me that disk 2 had a SATA reset and SMART are logging quite some errors. And informed me that disk 2 is about to fail.

So, what I did was to start copying all my data out to another NAS. Of course with amount of data I had, it took quite a couple of days whenever I get home from work. There are days which I switched off my NV with the proper shutdown sequence of course.

So, 6 days ago started the NV to continue copying my data out but to find the slow blue blinking light and disk 2 led blinking as well. And I do not have access to the shares. Went about reading in forums and found some post stating the the blinking lights could be due to the NV resyncing. So, I thought I left it to do it's thing. But after 6 days of blinking, I began to wonder?

Is my data still intact? All I want is my data back. After that I can reset the whole NV again. Please help? I can't find any LED sequence to match the troubleshooting of the LEDs?

Patrick
Message 3 of 4
scottharris
Aspirant

I've got the same issue -- just started today -- except it is my 3d green light that is blinking, not the second. I removed all the drives and it booted fine and I could see it in Raidar. I'm guessing this means my disk #3 is bad ... but before I replace the disk (or finally break down and buy a newer model, I'd like to know for sure that's what's up. Thanks!

Further info ... I'm using Lion, so I upgraded to the new beta T5 firmware ... was planning on upgrading to T9 today ... no can do.

UPDATE -- Took just the 3d drive out and booted up. Raidar sees the NV, it is doing a file system check. Looks like a bum disk.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements