× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ fails to power up after scheduled shutdown

majaelcomo
Follower

ReadyNAS NV+ fails to power up after scheduled shutdown

I have had my ReadyNAS NV+ (RND4250) for about 8 years, performing weekly scheduled shutdowns and restarts until today when I walked into my home office and the unit was idle. It's plugged into a UPS that is still active and no alarms were triggered. I've swapped power cords, swapped outlets on the UPS, removed the disks and everything else I can think to try both outside and inside of the unit, but it still will not restart. I understand that this unit is unlikely to be covered by any Service Actions and, even if it was, it seems the inventory of legacy PSUs available for those units has been exhausted.

I have 4 disks in the unit using the XRAID configuration, so it's got about 1.3 TB capacity at the moment, but probably only 40% utilized. It has only been a couple of months since I added 2 of the disks and I'm quite disappointed that the additional disk purchase is looking to be wasted without further investing in a third party PSU... something that doesn't come without risk.

Is there some kind of data transfer program available to me through Netgear if I want to upgrade to a new ReadyNAS? 

Model: ReadyNAS RND4250|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ fails to power up after scheduled shutdown

If you want to get a new ReadyNAS support could assist with attempting to recover the data, but you would need somewhere to backup your data to and there would be some costs involved. See ReadyNAS: Migrating disks from RAIDiator 4.1 or RAIDiator 5.3 to ReadyNAS OS 6

Message 2 of 3
bedlam1
Prodigy

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ fails to power up after scheduled shutdown

This post may help LINK

As well as the straight replacement PSU mentioned in that post there are 2 others Link 1 and LINK 2 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements