× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ flashing power button and stuck in booting

brianworkman
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ flashing power button and stuck in booting

Yes,

My wife is a photographer.  She has a readyNAS nv+ that she used from many years.  About two years ago, we bought a new unit and moved most of the current sessions she had to her new device.  After a while we started shutting down the readynas and only booting it up when necessary (after we started getting disk error emails - like only a hand full).  Anyway, she had a customer that needed a file off that server.  She went to boot up and it is stuck on "booting up" and the power light is flashing blue.  I held down the reset button and rebooted and now it is stuck in "reinstalling fw".

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ flashing power button and stuck in booting

What did those emails say about the error counts?

What brand and model disks are being used?

Can you power down the system, remove the disks (label order), connect them up to your PC and test them (e.g. test SeaGate disks using SeaTools and WD disks using WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostics)?

If data is important it should be backed up, especially if that data is irreplaceable (e.g. photos). There are things which can go wrong with any NAS/server that RAID cannot protect you against.

Message 2 of 5
brianworkman
Aspirant

I have a friend hat came and looked up at it. He said it was the power supply. Where can I get a reasonably priced replacement? Model is RND4000
Message 3 of 5
brianworkman
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+
Message 4 of 5
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi brianworkman,

In your initial post, the unit is still booting up but get's stuck at reinstalling FW. I don't see why we need a replacement PSU to fix the problem. Can you confirm if it's still powering on?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements