× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ freezes after 5 minutes.

havenuke
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ freezes after 5 minutes.

I have a ReadyNAS NV+ v1 and it will lock up after restarting it. It will work until I access it via wireless network. I'm running Win 7 Home Premium. Laptops connect wirelessly to a netgear router WNDR3700v2. The ReadyNAS is direct connected to the router. I have Comcast cable ISP.

By locked up I mean, nothing works. RAIDar cannot find it. FrontView does not work. None of the buttons work. The reset button on the back doesn't work. I have hard cycled power to it by removing the power cable in the back and turning it back on. It will perform the quota check on reboot and once it is done, I can see everything normally for about 5 minutes. Then it just freezes.

Please help.
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ freezes after 5 minutes.

It sounds like it might be a full OS partition. support.netgear.com could help.
Message 2 of 6
havenuke
Aspirant

Is that something that I can quickly erase/fix. Seems like there should be an easy way to fix a full OS partition without spending 150.00$. Thanks for the quick response.
Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Did support.netgear.com tell you they would charge for it?

Deleting the logs from Frontview can help (backup and the system logs). DON'T attempt to download them, as if the OS really is full you could make things much worse.

OS reinstall from the front panel will clean up some stuff. If you have ssh installed, you could find more stuff to delete. ReadyDLNA database for one.
Message 4 of 6
havenuke
Aspirant

After messing around with it all day, I was able to get into frontview long enough to perform a firmware update and force a complete file system and quota check on the next reboot. Since then, I haven't had any issues. But I have also uploaded the Enable ssh to help me in the future if it does reoccur. Thanks for the help/suggestions on fixing this. Much appreciated.
Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

You might want to log in with ssh, and then type
df . -h

That will tell you the % of the OS partition that is being used (the quota check and file system checks in Frontview apply only to the data partition, not the OS).
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements