× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ hangs during file copy/move

KaoticChemistry
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ hangs during file copy/move

I'm not sure who/what to blame with this issue, but I'm running 10.6.4 and have the same problems, I even have the same problem with Windows 7 and CIFS!

Here's my setup:

MacPro sorta.. 🙂 on Gig Ethernet with Jumbo Frames
Trendnet GigE Switch with Jumbo Frame Support enabled
ReadyNAS NV with 4x 1.5 TB Disks Seagate ST31500341AS
All performance mods enabled, journaling, etc disabled. on Gig with Jumbo Frames
Windows 7 Laptop with Gig E just for fun

On my Workstations I can read data all day at get 35-40 MBs/Sec NO problem, but as soon as I try writing I get maybe 6-10 MB/s sustained. It goes in spurts where I see my transfer on my Workstation go, then it'll pause for a while, go a bit more, then pause, all the while the disks on the NAS are going to town, they never seem to stop. And I like said this is a problem in Mac land using AFP or CIFs so I'm not sure where the fault is.

I've done every possible adjustment to networking you can think of. Tried different switches, enabled/disabled jumbo support, changed jumbo frames sizes, tweaked all the settings I could on the ReadyNAS, nothing seems to matter it always acts the same!

I've been wrestling with this for a long time and I think my next step is going to be to sniff the network traffic coming from the NAS cause to me it sure looks like the NAS is saying 'HEY! TOO FAST! SLOOOOW DOWN!' and if it is doing that WHY? It sure should be able to handle a 30MB/s stream! PLEASE!

Is that what everyone else is experiencing? Lets kick this thread again!

More to come!

-KC
Message 26 of 27
KaoticChemistry
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ hangs during file copy/move

Sigh.. No updates...

😞
Message 27 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements