× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ pretty much inaccessible

leonardchrist
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ pretty much inaccessible

Hey kind people,

I have quiet a big problem: My ReadyNAS NV+ is now inaccessible for quiet some time.

I first noticed it some weeks ago, because connecting to the NAS shares over Mac OS X Finder didn't work. I tried the different connecting (SMB, AFP, CIFS), none of them worked. As I often have problem with this NAS I just ignored it and restarted it and forgot about it. I got kindly reminded by TimeMachine that the last backup made is now two weeks old which is quite bad.

Now, our NAS is completly inaccessible. There shares show up in Finder, our router is showing the device as well. Trying to connect to one of the shares doesn't work, the admin-panel and the web-shares also inaccessable.

I already tried some stuff:

- Restarting didn't help

- I can ping the server, it responds

- I can't ssh into it, just won't connect at all

- Tried to connect to the shares with my phone, doesn't work

- I can't try a Windows machine, but as the SMB share isn't working either, I won't assume that's the problem

- Our network setup nor our all-day-devices have changed for quiet a time, so I don't see a problem here.

For me it sounds a bit like the ports are blocked, but why should that be?

Please help me,
I don't want our data to be lost!

Best wishes

Leonard Christ

EDIT:

I can't change any settings, disable anything or update firmware. I can't even tell which one is on it, because I can't access the web interface. However I always to keep it up to date so it shouldn't be super outdated...

Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ pretty much inaccessible

Did you try running RAIDar and see what status it shows?  Also, is there anything on the LCD panel?

Your best option is likely per-incident netgear support (support.netgear.com). They will charge.

It is also possible to boot in tech support mode and access the box with telnet.  That avoids the charge, but I think it also is higher risk.

Message 2 of 3
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ pretty much inaccessible

What does your LCD say?

Do you have a blinking disk number on the LCD? Bad disks?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements