× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ v2 - OS reinstall

crookesa
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ v2 - OS reinstall

Hi,

My ReadyNAS is no longer accepting my admin password and I have used all that I can remember.

The password recovery option is not working either for the only answer I would have used and multiple email address it could have been.

I have followed the steps for OS reinstall here - https://kb.netgear.com/20853/How-do-I-access-the-boot-menu-on-my-ReadyNAS-NV-v2

The only option I have is "Normal".  When the boot menu appears I press back-up to cycle through the options and the screen doesn't change.

Any ideas how I can get back into my NAS without a factory reset and losing all my data?

Thanks is advance...Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 22.40.04.png

Model: ReadyNAS RND4000v2|ReadyNAS NV+ v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello crookesa ,

I guess it's best to create a new topic and give description and all details about your NAS and the issue.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello crookesa,

Can you please confirm that you release the reset button when the boot menu appears on the display screen? If you are doing it right and you still not get the menu selections, it may be time to get a a new one.

I have checked your profile and found that you have a ReadyNAS NV+ v2 registered and it's passed the 3-year warranty.

I hope you do have full backup.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
crookesa
Aspirant

HI JennC,

I was actually able to SSH into the NAS box and was able to reset the admin password and can access the dashboard now.

I still have a problem that I am trying to solve though that some of my shares I can't access even though they are visible in the dashboard.

Should I post a new question regarding that or what support is available?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Normally a new thread works out better, so I suggest doing that.

Message 4 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello crookesa ,

I guess it's best to create a new topic and give description and all details about your NAS and the issue.

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements