× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

[ReadyNAS OS6] iTunes Server (forked-daapd) Crashes XBMC

grimloch
Aspirant

[ReadyNAS OS6] iTunes Server (forked-daapd) Crashes XBMC

XBMC can be set up as an AirPlay target/speaker, but when using a remote app and selecting the XBMC speaker this causes XBMC to crash.

This issue is documented on the XBMC forums here, and has been reportedly fixed by ejurgensen in his forked-daapd github here. I'm hoping the ReadyNAS version of forked-daapd will incorporate this fix in the not too distant future. Is this likely to occur?
Message 1 of 5
grimloch
Aspirant

Re: [ReadyNAS OS6] iTunes Server (forked-daapd) Crashes XBMC

Will someone at Netgear please look in to this? This is not an XBMC issue, and was fixed in someone else's fork as shown in the last post here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pi ... pid1727948

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

grimloch wrote:
Will someone at Netgear please look in to this? This is not an XBMC issue, and was fixed in someone else's fork as shown in the last post here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pi ... pid1727948

Did you open a support request at support.netgear.com?

Maybe also PM skywalker.
Message 3 of 5
grimloch
Aspirant

FYI to anyone interested, this issue was fixed in the 6.2.0 firmware update and the iTunes server no longer crashes XBMC when selected as an AirPlay speaker.

Now if only I could figure out how to select a specific folder for the library rather than an entire share...
Message 4 of 5
grimloch
Aspirant

Anyone know the SSH commands to reinstall forked-daapd?

After moving music to it's own share it's not working well and remote apps that previously worked flawlessly no longer do, even after re-pairing.

Also tried firmware reinstall to no avail.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements