× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 2 "ReadyDrop" Feature?

dualsweat
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Pro 2 "ReadyDrop" Feature?

Hello All,

I have a READYNAS Pro2. I have successfully setup "ReadyNAS Remote" which allows me to access my shares on my ReadyNAS remotely.

However, the feature that I REALLY need to work is the new "Readydrop" feature. When I installed "REadyNAS Remote", I can see the "Readydrop" feature was also installed, but Readydrop always says "ReadyDrop is no available" in the status menu. I see no settings for Readydrop in my confguration screen for the REadyNAS. How do I set this up?! Ive watched the Netgear videos about it, but their GUI is not the same as mine. I am running firmware 4.2.22 (which is apparantly the latest).

Windows 8 64bit (Raidar installation).
Windows 7 and Windows 8 64bit clients for Readynas Remote.

My question is: How do I setup readydrop on readynas pro2?!

Thanks,

M---------
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

ReadyDROP is not available for systems running RAIDiator 4.2.x
Message 2 of 5
MacManiak
Aspirant

Hem...... why ?
Message 3 of 5
chirpa
Luminary

OS 4.2 and 5.3 are EOL (end of life). New features like this are only showing up on OS6 now.
And no, OS6 is not officially available for the older platforms.

ps. 4.2.23 is now available, though Check for Update does not show it, someone forgot to update the update server.
Message 4 of 5
MacManiak
Aspirant

chirpa wrote:
OS 4.2 and 5.3 are EOL (end of life). New features like this are only showing up on OS6 now. And no, OS6 is not officially available for the older platforms.

That's great. You spent 700 € (~900 $US), you put the NAS in production and... you can't have Replicate licensed... and you'll have to reset the device to get a feature like ReadyDROP.

"What A Wonderful World" [Louis Armstrong]
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements