× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 4 Firmware Install

dave1234
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Pro 4 Firmware Install

I forgot my password, and the manual says I can reset the username and password without losing data by reinstalling firmware.  I have the firmware downloaded, but don't know how to install it.  The directions say "Navigate to Frontview,  Select System > Update"

I don't know what Frontview is.  Is it a program I need to download?  The only ways I know to connect with it is either entering the IP address in a browser or by running RAIDar and selecting "setup".  Either one of these options requires my password to continue.  How can I reinstall the firmware without knowing my password?

Thanks,

Dave

Model: ReadyNASRNDP4000|ReadyNAS Pro 4 Chassis only
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dave1234,

To re-install the OS and reset the password to default, you will need to access the boot menu and select the OS re-install. You may check this link for the procedure on how to do the OS re-install.

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dave1234,

To re-install the OS and reset the password to default, you will need to access the boot menu and select the OS re-install. You may check this link for the procedure on how to do the OS re-install.

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
dave1234
Aspirant

That worked great!

Thank you so much!

Dave

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors