× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 6 Checking root FS

masammut
Aspirant

Thank you mdgm. Readynas is working fine now. But I noticed that it only found one LAN port now. Before I had the 2 LAN ports in teaming mode. Any tips to to get the other LAN port back?
Thanks again
Mark
Message 26 of 37
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

So it can only see the one NIC?

Have you tried clearing your web browser cache, closing your web browser then reopening the web admin page?

You would need to setup teaming again.

Message 27 of 37
masammut
Aspirant

Yes I tried 2 browsers but only one NIC is showing so there is no option for teaming. I set up everything else like the email alerts (which didn't work before) and renamed the NAS and changed the password.
Message 28 of 37
masammut
Aspirant

Ok - So removing and replacing ethernet cables and a couple of reboots and both NICs are being detected and so a new LACP bond was created successfully.

However all of  sudden now, the system fan is at 0 RPM and an error is naturally coming up every couple of minutes. I'm not sure if the system is overheating, but something is not right. Any ideas?

Also the Status is saying that the "System is Dead" maybe could be related to the System fan though.

Message 29 of 37
masammut
Aspirant

System Fan issue also solved by moving the system fan cable to the unused connector on the IO card.

System is Healthy now and working perfectly - thanks especially to mdgm who took the time to remote into my system to fix the Root FS issue.

Message 30 of 37
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Great. If all is now resolved you can now mark a post as the solution.

Message 31 of 37
masammut
Aspirant

@mdgm wrote:

Great. If all is now resolved you can now mark a post as the solution.

Trying to figure out how to do that...

Message 32 of 37
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You should see an "Accept as Solution" button below each post (apart from the opening post in the thread).

Message 33 of 37
masammut
Aspirant

@mdgm wrote:

You should see an "Accept as Solution" button below each post (apart from the opening post in the thread).

Not showing here, probably because someone else already tagged another post as the solution.

Message 34 of 37
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Ah, this was because you followed on someone else's post rather than creating your own thread.

Message 35 of 37
masammut
Aspirant

@mdgm wrote:

Ah, this was because you followed on someone else's post rather than creating your own thread.

Sorry about that. I didn't feel the need to create a new identical thread. Didn't know of such a limitation.

Cheers

Mark

Message 36 of 37

I dont agree on closing this. I have said many times in this thread that the NAS itself is having issues. My NAS keeps becoming unresponsive and it is really starting to piss me off. All this money people put into these and it cant stay up for a single day without issues. I cant seem to find any logs to figure this out and when I click on my power button, it responds and shows my ip address on the front panel. If i force it off it restarts and works just fine. I will leave it in this mode for the next hour and if someone is around and wants to remote in to see what is going on i will keep checking back. You cant tell me that it is because I have too many apps on my NAS. If two apps is too many, then ill go buy a different NAS.

Message 37 of 37
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 36 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements