× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Pro 6, HDD change, RAIDiator update, deselect snap

vah
Aspirant
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Pro 6, HDD change, RAIDiator update, deselect snap

Hello Forum-Users!

The NAS is running on RAIDiator 4.2.15 with two HDDs each 1TB capacity, configured in X-Raid2 and with Snapshot-Space of 50GB enabled but unused.
The unit is a ReadyNAS Pro 6, purchased in 2012.
Now I’d like to exchange the HDDs with again two HDDs and a capacity of 2TB each but without snapshots enabled.

Feasible and particularly clean solution as follows (basically like a new setup):
First : Backup the data on an external drive
Second: Update the RAIDiator to the latest version (subsequently its not possible to use the HDDs installed with RAIDiator 4.2.15 further?)
Thirdly: Install the new HDDs in the NAS
Fourthly: Setting NAS options, create shares and copy the data back

In case of an error due to a defective backup is it possible to put the old HDDs back in place without issues?

Something attention should be paid to?
Are there alternative solutions?

Besides I’d like to replace a fan. Am I right in assuming that any 3-pin fan can be installed?

Thank you in advance!
Message 1 of 3
RVTJR
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 6, HDD change, RAIDiator update, deselect s

In case of an error due to a defective backup is it possible to put the old HDDs back in place without issues?

Yes. Just place them back on the same bay. All the original drives. That should work.
Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 6, HDD change, RAIDiator update, deselect s

RVTJR wrote:

Yes. Just place them back on the same bay. All the original drives. That should work.
Make sure you put them back with the NAS powered down!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements