× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Pro 6 Stuck on "ReadyNAS" Logo

ReadyNAS Pro 6 Stuck on "ReadyNAS" Logo

I'm having the same exact issue described her but did not see a reply option:  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/Pro-6-6-6-0-beta-2-T117-turning-on-...

I bought a used ReadyNAS Pro 6 to upgrade from my Ultra 6.  PSU was bad and didn't come with memory.  So I popped in a pair of Corsair 800mhz DDR2 5-5-5-12 memory (XMS6405V1.2) and plugged in my ultra 6's PSU.  The CPU fan comes on full speed, the boot does not go beyond the "ReadyNAS" logo, no NIC link light, cannot boot from USB recovery, and cannot boot to boot menu.  Would anyone have the steps 

Model: RNDP6000|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 6 Stuck on "ReadyNAS" Logo

I figured out the issue.  Whoever previously owned it had a cable from the front panel pluged into the wrong pins on the motherboard.  Problem solved.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

The Ultra6 does not use the 4-pin square CPU power connection, but the Pro6 does.  Did you connect that?

There are a lot of things that can cause that problem.  The display only needs +5V to display the default "ReadyNAS".  The unit doesn't even need to have a processor or memory.  I did a quick check, and it looks like the memory you bought should work (each is 2GB, right?).  Hopefully, it's as simple as you not realizing you need the additional power connection.  Otherwise, purchasing a used NAS in a non-working condition for anything other than parts was a big mistake.

Message 2 of 9

Unfortunately I did connect the 4 pin cpu power connector. I also tried a regular atx PSU. The memory seems to be two 1GB sticks. I've ordered a vga header to get some more info.
Message 3 of 9
Sandshark
Sensei

My quick research showed them to be 2GB.  But my main concern was that they are not 4Gb "high density" ones, which do not work, and they are not.  The memory from your Ultra6 should also work.

The VGA header is your best approach to finding what's wrong.  But if the unit will not complete POST (which is high on the list of problems causing this symptom), figuring out why is just trial and error.

Message 4 of 9

Unfortunately no luck. Got my vga header cable today and nothing displays. Mobo must be dead.
Message 5 of 9
Sandshark
Sensei

Well, that's a shame.  Before you give up, check the power supply and memory connections.  Since the memory was removed, maybe you should even check that there is a processor.

Message 6 of 9

Good point.  I haven't removed the cpu cooler.  thanks!

Message 7 of 9

Unfortunately it has a CPU.

Readynas Pro 6 https://imgur.com/a/mERcld2
Message 8 of 9

I figured out the issue.  Whoever previously owned it had a cable from the front panel pluged into the wrong pins on the motherboard.  Problem solved.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements