× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Pro 6 stuck at Booting...

makebelievemusi
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Pro 6 stuck at Booting...

I'm stuck.  My ReadyNAS Pro 6 was locked and I had to power it off. Since doing so, it's been stuck booting.  It gets to 97% and one time got to 99%, and displays upnphttpd.service.  

I've tried re-instaling the os, but it fails.  I have most of the data backed up, but it takes like 2 weeks to reload.  So I'd prefer to avoid starting over.

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP6000|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 6 stuck at Booting...

What firmware are you using?  One option is to try paid Netgear support (my.netgear.com) - but that would only be available if you are the original purchaser of the NAS, and are running 4.2.x firmware.

Did you try skipping the file system check during the reboot (using the boot menu)?

Message 2 of 4
makebelievemusi
Aspirant

I'm not the original purchaser and I'm not sure of the exact firmware version, but know I'm on some form of 6.x.x.  It's fairly up to date.  I've tried skipping the file system check during the reboot, and it gets stuck all the same.  

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@makebelievemusi wrote:

but know I'm on some form of 6.x.x.  

Paid support isn't an option then.  

Starting over is the direct approach.  If you know how to use linux, you could boot up in tech support mode and look at some things.  But there's a good chance you'd still end up starting over.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements