× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 6 stuck at "ReadyNAS" logo on display

thinksinc
Apprentice

ReadyNAS Pro 6 stuck at "ReadyNAS" logo on display

I was recently copying all of the data off of my ReadyNAS Pro 6, and the device disappeared from my network.

I've tried rebooting the device, but it is stuck displaying the "ReadyNAS" logo on the panel, and no further activity. There are no activity lights on the Ethernet port. The device does not show up my Network devices on either a Mac or Windows PC, and is not found using the RAIDar utility. (I have three other ReadyNAS devices on my network, and those are displaying properly).

I tried powering down, removing all six disks, and powering back on—same problem.

I also tried holding down the Reset pin on the back of the device while powering up, hoping to get the Boot menu, but the Boot menu never appears—still stuck on the ReadyNAS logo.

One of the system fans is not sounding great, so I assume it's time to change that out if it's user-replaceable, but right now my unit seems bricked. 

What else can I try?

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@thinksinc wrote:

What else can I try?

This sounds like a failed power supply.  

Message 2 of 5
thinksinc
Apprentice

Could it be a failed power supply even if the front panel is still displaying the ReadyNAS logo, and the system fans power up and are spinning?
Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@thinksinc wrote:
Could it be a failed power supply even if the front panel is still displaying the ReadyNAS logo, and the system fans power up and are spinning?

The front panel only needs 5 volts to work, and it is common for it to work even if the 12 volt power from the PSU has failed.

But the fan does require 12 volts, so if it is powered then a PSU issue is much less likely.

It could maybe be memory - @Sandshark might have some other ideas.

Message 4 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

It could still be the PSU.  The NIC is powered by the +5VSB, which also powers the power-on circuit, but the NAS will usually boot without it (requiring you use the rear switch to power on/off).  The standard 5V and 12V don't need to be very well regulated for the fans and display to come on, and then there's the 3.3V bus that could be the issue.

If you have a "spare" ATX12V supply, you can hook it up externally to se if that's the problem before you invest in a replacement supply.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements