× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 6 unable to boot #26570019

QuickLog
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Pro 6 unable to boot #26570019

I have an old ReadyNAS Pro 6 that can't boot up.  On the LED screen, it says "Booting" and remains like that.  Factory Default, Reinstall OS and Test Disk options also never complete.  I've let them run like that for days with no success.  Sometimes it shows up on RAIDar during these processes but I can't do anything from RAIDar and can't get to the web GUI.  I'm not sure which firmware version is on it, RAIDiator 4.2.23 maybe.

Message 1 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 6 unable to boot

Can you power off, remove your disks (label order), hook them up to your PC and test them using vendor tools (e.g. SeaTools for SeaGate disks)?

You may also wish to run at least a few passes of the memory (RAM) test boot menu option.

Message 2 of 9
QuickLog
Aspirant

I haven't checked the disks yet, but am 3:30 into the memory check.  It's at 100% on pass 4 and has popped up Error 999 and Error 321 during the tests.

Message 3 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

So that would seem to suggest that there might be a problem with the memory (RAM). Did you move the NAS shortly before running into this problem? If you moved the NAS recently another possibility is that the RAM may have come loose.

Message 4 of 9
QuickLog
Aspirant

It went kaput about 2 years ago over the weekend at the office.  We just started using the backup, didn't worry about this one and put it aside.  I had a support ticket on it back then but basically forgot about it.  I brought it home this weekend to see if I could get it to work for personal use.

Message 5 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

In that case you should take it back to your office and get your office to follow up with support again. The warranty is for the original purchaser only.

Looking at the manufacture date the unit should still be under hardware warranty. The limited hardware warranty is 5 years from the date of purchase.

Please open an online support case and let me know the case number. You should have a copy of the proof of purchase ready to provide to support.

Message 6 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you can still see that there have been errors on the LCD then taking a photo of that would also be useful.

Any errors on the memory test indicates that there is a problem.

Message 7 of 9
QuickLog
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 6 unable to boot #26570019

My Case# is 26570019.  When I originally put in the support ticket, I was trying to save the data, now I don't care about the data or the previous settings.  Thanks for the help.

Message 8 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I have followed this up with support and we can do a quick hardware check to confirm the memory failure diagnosis. You have been emailed with the details of what we need.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements