× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 6 upgrade to 6.8.1 now in READ-ONLY-FILE-SYSTEM state?

flip68
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Pro 6 upgrade to 6.8.1 now in READ-ONLY-FILE-SYSTEM state?

Hello!

I have been running my ReadyNAS Pro 6 on OS 6.7.5 successfully for quite sometime with no apparent issues to my volume and regular balancing and scrubbing taking place succesfully.

I decided to skip the upgrade to 6.8.0 when it came out due to the app install/uninstall issues.  I finally decided to upgrade to 6.8.1 and after the reboot it appears to have upgraded properly (i can get to the webpage and confirm Im on 6.8.1) but now my volume is in a READ-ONLY-FILE-SYSTEM state.   I verified this by SSH into one of my shares and just trying to either delete a file or make a directory and it fails with the READ-ONLY-FILE-SYSTEM message.

I tried to understand what happened by looking at the logs based on threads I've read and there is nothing in btrfs.log or volume.log that gives any indication (to me) what might have happened.  Reboots do not make a difference either.  My drives show no ATA errors or anything that would indicate they are failing (they are only about 1 yr old).

Any insight or ideas on how to get out of read-only-file-system mode would be apprecaited!

Thank you!

Model: RNDP6630-200|ReadyNAS® Pro 6|EOL
Message 1 of 2
flip68
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 6 upgrade to 6.8.1 now in READ-ONLY-FILE-SYSTEM state?

Anyone? 🙂

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements