× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Pro: ACRONIS Access to shares using Administrator

antoinew
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Pro: ACRONIS Access to shares using Administrator

Hello,

We have a domain (Windows Server SBS 2003) with 40 computers approx (WINDOWS XP SP3).

I had previously a NETGEAR ReadyNas NV+. Programming the ACRONIS (Backup & Recovery) was easy: use the server located next to the NAS and login with DOMAIN\Administrator to backup the content of the NAS.

Now, I have just purchased a ReadyNAS Pro.
About Acronis: I cannot login with DOMAIN\Administrator. I have to use NAS_NAME \ Administrator.

I have seen that in the ReadyNAS Management Window, the SECURITY > SECURITY MODE has changed a little bit compared to the NV+ window: The domain has to be introduced in NETBIOS Name - I don't think it does change anything at this point.

When I click on a share, then go to Property > Security: the usual administrator account (given as Administrator@Domain) seems not to be listed on the ReadyNas Pro. I can just see "Administrator". When I try to add the domain's administrator account, it is not added to the list. It seems that the Readynas' Administrator has taken the place of the Domain's Administrator: that's why I have to login with NAS_NAME \ Administrator in ACRONIS.

Any advice ?

Thank you very much in advance and B.R.

Tony
Message 1 of 2
jtraxteam
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Pro: ACRONIS Access to shares using Administrat

are you for certain that you have "Joined" it to your domain? sounds as if it is not properly joined to the domain.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements