× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Pro Business Edition RAIDiator 4.2.27

marioscimone
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Pro Business Edition RAIDiator 4.2.27

I had my nas running with 6 WDC WD1002FBYS-02A6B0 931 GB then I decided to upgrade and running X-raid I changed one by one each HD with new one WDC WD30EFRX-68EUZN0 2794 GB

Everything was smooth and fine, In the end I had my nas running with 6 new disks with bigger capacity.

I put in a safe place my old 1Tb hds numbered as they where in the nas slot. Today I put them all back thinking I could start and have the old situation when they were all running but what I get is shown in the attached picture. What's wrong?

Model: RNDP6000-200 (ReadyNAS Pro 6)|ReadyNAS® Pro 6 System Diskless|EOL
Message 1 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: ReadyNAS Pro Business Edition RAIDiator 4.2.27

Since you replaced them one at a time, they are not in sync with each other.  This is normal RAID behavior.  If you had a need to go back to them, you would have needed to remove them all with power off and start over with new drives.

Message 2 of 4
marioscimone
Aspirant

Thank you for answer, so I have no chance to get the data back, the only thing I can do with the old disk is to use them as new and create a new raid with them, right? 

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@marioscimone wrote:

Thank you for answer, so I have no chance to get the data back, the only thing I can do with the old disk is to use them as new and create a new raid with them, right? 

Correct.  Or re-purpose them in some other way.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements