× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Pro lifesupport Case 22179090

ssherriff
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Pro lifesupport Case 22179090

Hi,

Earlier this week I had disk 6 fail. I had a spare, so I replaced it. It failed to resync, so I thought maybe that disk was bad as well. I got another disk and tried to resync that. It seemed to go through the whole resync, but during the sync, disk 5 started to have SMART failures, and although the resync happened successfully, now my ReadyNAS is in lifesupport mode, and both disk 5 and 6 are showing as dead.

Only disk 5 is showing with an X on the display of the ReadyNAS itself, but RAIDar is showing disk 6 with a red +. In 'Health' both 5 and 6 are showing as dead, and 6 still shows the description of the previous disk, not the replacement disk.

I submitted Case 22179090 and uploaded log files. How long does it normally take to get a reply? Is there anything that can be done?

Thank you
Steph
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS Pro lifesupport Case 22179090

Could take 1-2 business days to get the first response. Though it does vary depending on how busy support is at a given point in time.

Be patient and wait for advice from support.
Message 2 of 3
ssherriff
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Pro lifesupport Case 22179090

Okay, well my case was picked up, it took several days back and forth to get past the information stage, that's all fine. Finally my case was escalated to Level 3 support, last night someone was working on it, and giving updates, and now today my priority case is gone. I went to check the status in the morning, refreshed the priority case page, and it said the case doesn't exist. I went back in through my portal, went to my case number, and all of the details after being sent to the Level 3 engineer were gone. He had given an update on the status, and had said he would continue to update, and all that information is now gone.

Has this happened to anyone before, what does this mean?

Thank you for your help
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements