× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: stuck in resync

rweedy
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Pro stuck in resync --CASE #16254178

After NAS told me drive 1 was going bad, I replaced it with a brand new spare. The NAS stated it was also bad. I ordered a replacement drive from WD and installed it. It appeared everything was fine, but the resync got stuck at 100%. I rebooted the NAS and it is now stuck at 22.1% for the last 24 hours. Any help??
Message 1 of 9
claykin
Aspirant

Which model disks?

Which version of RAIDIATOR is on your Pro?

Are you using X-RAID (which is default unless you manually overrode it)?
Message 2 of 9
rweedy
Aspirant

I am using 6 2TB drives, WD WD2002FYPS. I am not sure of which version of RAIDATOR, and unsure of X-RAID. I think I am using RAID 6, but again unsure. RAIDar is not recognizing the NAS.
Message 3 of 9
claykin
Aspirant

rweedy wrote:
I am using 6 2TB drives, WD WD2002FYPS. I am not sure of which version of RAIDATOR, and unsure of X-RAID. I think I am using RAID 6, but again unsure. RAIDar is not recognizing the NAS.

According to the Compatibility list, this disk must have firmware version 4.05G05
Message 4 of 9
rweedy
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Pro stuck in resync

How do I check the firmware version without RAIDar?
Message 5 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You can check on the home page of Frontview (if that's running).

If you had email alerts configured you should also be able to look back through the emails you received to find the RAIDiator version you last updated to.
Message 6 of 9
PapaBear1
Guide

If you have not done so, you should open an on line tech support case. (I am assuming that you do not have a current and complete backup) Once you have the case number, edit your first post to add the case #.
Message 7 of 9
rweedy
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Pro stuck in resync --CASE #16254178

Frontview is not running and my Outlook pst file is saved on the NAS.
Message 8 of 9
beisser1
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Pro stuck in resync --CASE #16254178

rweedy wrote:
Frontview is not running and my Outlook pst file is saved on the NAS.

first rule for outlook: dont save any pst files on network storage ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297019/en-us and http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/arch ... do-it.aspx )
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements