× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Pro6 (6.10.1) getting unstable, considering new unit.

Fryingmonkey
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Pro6 (6.10.1) getting unstable, considering new unit.

I've had this Pro6 for something like 8 years. Replaced or upgraded about everything but the motherboard in that time: RAM, PSU, CPU, fans. Mobo is showing its age now: one of the ethernet ports and a couple of the USB ports are a little hit/miss. UPS will drop off and come back, and the bad ethernet port works if you hold it just right.

I'm thinking about just getting a new unit, so the ask:

Have these systems gotten to the point yet where you can just throw your disks in a new unit and fire it up, or do I need to copy everything over like when I moved from my Infrant NV+?

Model: RNDP6000v2|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@Fryingmonkey wrote:

Have these systems gotten to the point yet where you can just throw your disks in a new unit and fire it up, or do I need to copy everything over like when I moved from my Infrant NV+?

If you are running OS-6 (as your subject line suggests), then you can directly migrate the disks to a new NAS - for instance an RN520 or RN620 series.

If you are running the older OS 4 (4.2.x firmware) you'll need to copy everything over.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Fryingmonkey wrote:

If you are running OS-6 (as your subject line suggests), then you can directly migrate the disks to a new NAS - for instance an RN520 or RN620 series.

If you are running the older OS 4 (4.2.x firmware) you'll need to copy everything over.

Message 2 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

A note to others wondering about switching to OS6 on their legacy NAS:

This ability to simply move the drives to a current model is one of the huge advantages of switching to OS6.  You get to choose when you have to back up your data and re-initialize with OS6 instead of it being dictated to you when your aging NAS gasps it's last breath.

Message 3 of 4
Fryingmonkey
Aspirant

@Sandshark @StephenB 

Thanks to both of you for your replies! Glad I did the necessary tinkering to run OS6 for so many reasons...

On to the RN628X00! 

Model: RNDP6000-200 (ReadyNAS Pro 6)|ReadyNAS® Pro 6 System Diskless|EOL
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements