× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS RN212 ReadyDR backup job rendering unit unusable ReadyOS 6.10.2

thasser
Aspirant

ReadyNAS RN212 ReadyDR backup job rendering unit unusable ReadyOS 6.10.2

Subject tells the story.  I have a ReadyNAS RN212 in a data center with great power, a Cisco switch, and fiber optc internet.  I have a client with a ReadyNAS RN422 that has a backup job using ReadyDR.  

Steps to reproduce:

1. Setup ReadyDR backup job on the RN422 to the RN212

2. Backup 1x time

After the initial backup (~400GB) the RN212 services stop running.  The web service either stops or stops working as a nmap of the device only shows ReadyDR port along with SMB and NFS (the servcies I have running, minus HTTP and HTTPS).

A reboot brings the RN212 back up for about 5 minutes, then same activity as above.  I tried rebooting about 10-20 times with the same result each time.  Once the ReadyDR job is disabled the system works completely normal again.

Sounds like an OS issue - willing to work with support or whoever here - any ideas are welcome!!

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 2
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS RN212 ReadyDR backup job rendering unit unusable ReadyOS 6.10.2

@thasser

Welcome to the Community!

It would be best to contact Support to open up a case, if this is an issue this will be escalated to engineering. You can create a case online through my.netgear.com and provide it to the Support experts for them to assist you.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements