× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS RN516 stuck on boot after FW upgrade

cyberbob32
Aspirant

ReadyNAS RN516 stuck on boot after FW upgrade

Hi DEVICE has stopped working, ie it turns on, turns off several times, then IS ON but does not have to do it through the network, and restoring the default settings does not help the windmill all time at full speed goes on. Any suggestions are welcome

Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Have you considered netgear support (my.netgear.com).

Note that if you purchased a new unit between 1 June 2014 and 31 May 2016, you have lifetime chat support there.  Even if you don't, it's probably the best way forward.  If you need to pay, then ask about per-incident support.

Message 2 of 6
cyberbob32
Aspirant

Hi, support unfortunately unfortunately did not advise the sea to be damaged board bios. My question is whether someone has such a problem in the forum and he handled it. I would like to burn the bios from the disc, but the second one I do not have.

Message 3 of 6
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello cyberbob32,

Bios update on OS 6 is complicated you may want to check this forum thread. As for updating the bios a simple mistake may brick the unit. As for the main concern have you tried rebooting the NAS without the hard drives inserted?

Note: Please label the hard drives since they will go back to the same where they came from to preserve the data.   

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
cyberbob32
Aspirant

Hello i tried resetting the disk reset button failed. It seems to me that the bios is broken. I've already found the bios on the main board. The programmer only has what I need is a BIOS load from another motherboard
Message 5 of 6
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello cyberbob32,

I understand that you will need to copy the bios from another hardware and I am not sure how you will do that but it might worth a try. But if the NAS is encountering this bios an internal problem with the NAS chassis, if the NAS is still under its warranties it would be best to contact support here for warranty claim.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements