× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Remote User Can't Connect - Also can't get access to Chat although I'm within 90 days

brianraus
Tutor

ReadyNAS Remote User Can't Connect - Also can't get access to Chat although I'm within 90 days

Hi all.

I purchased a ReadyNAS 212 2 Bay.  Then I found out I needed a Nighthawk R6700 to be able to access ReadyCloud remotely.  I have invited my son to access, but when he logs in it keeps looping him to the same page (attached).  I have tried to contact Chat, as I am within 90 days, but can't seem to find it anywhere. I have an email in to support, but want to get this taken care of while he is home for spring break.  I am very frustrated with Netgear as it took me a week (they only return my emails in the middle of the night) to get my products registered in the first place.

I have searched community and support but am not finding the correct topic.  Please help!

Thanks,

Brian

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Remote User Can't Connect - Also can't get access to Chat although I'm within 90 days

Hi Brian,

@brianraus wrote:

Then I found out I needed a Nighthawk R6700 to be able to access ReadyCloud remotely.

No clue where this idea is coming from - it's not required.

On the ReadyNAS Web UI go to Cloud and then enable ReadyCloud accordingly:

ReadyNAS ReadyCloud signed in.PNG

Alternate, you might want to use the discovery as shown on http://readycloud.netgear.com/ or  http://readycloud.netgear.com/client/index.html#page=discoverdevices 

Message 2 of 5
brianraus
Tutor

Thank you very much for your help.  I was able to figure it out with help from you and my son.

As far as buying the "Nighthawk Router", I read on the community that I had to have a certain model of router (which did not include my current Netgear router) to access readycloud as the "Nighthawk" has a readycloud option on the Routerlogin page, which my old one did not.  If it is necessary, I can find the FAQ and send it to you.

So he (the remote user) can access files, but can't stream them?  Is that correct?

Message 3 of 5
brianraus
Tutor

Here is where I got the information that I had to switch my old router.

://kb.netgear.com/27323/Which-NETGEAR-routers-support-ReadyCLOUD

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@brianraus wrote:

-Here is where I got the information that I had to switch my old router.

://kb.netgear.com/27323/Which-NETGEAR-routers-support-ReadyCLOUD

This does apply to the ReadyCloud access for router connected USB storage - not to the ability to use the ReadyCloud remote access on your ReadyNAS.

ReadyCloud is available on ReadyNAS _and_ on several Netgear Nighthawk routers,  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements