× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Replicate

maltam
Tutor

ReadyNAS Replicate

I have setup two ReadyNAS 314 devices, one to replicate to the other. I see two concerns.
1) When manually executing the replicate job the progress status displays no information. Everything is zero and does not change. When the job is complete the active job entry is removed and I receive an email with the log info. Is there a way to enable the progress to see the current replicate state? I have tried IE, Firefox ad Chrome running on different versions of Windows.
2) The speed of the initial replicate on a local LAN is extremely slow. Is there a way to speed the replicate process up?
Message 1 of 3
jberger
Aspirant

You can watch the job on the replicate webpage. Just log into your account and check the monitor tab, the running job will have a drop down box on the right with the information, but it takes a little while before it appears once you run the job.
The initial sync is always the longest, it has to build a full index of files before it can even start rsyncing.
Once the initial job is complete the other jobs should be much faster.

Make sure you aren't trying to sync them both at the same time, let one box finish before you sync over from the other one. Otherwise you are going to have a lot of RAM, DISK and Network contention that will really impact speed.
Message 2 of 3
maltam
Tutor

I have tested several different replicate sessions and all of the the "Progress" status is broken and does not ever update. This of course does not affect the copy just does not give any status of the current progress. This is the same for the initial sync and other jobs. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements