× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Shares not showing 'Available' and 'Consumed' space after rebuild

PerthPhil
Tutor

ReadyNAS Shares not showing 'Available' and 'Consumed' space after rebuild

Last week I rebuilt an RN716x and 2x RN51600 Netgear ReadyNAS devices so I could encrypt all volumes.  I did this progressively (moving data off one, performing a factory reset, manually creating encrypted non-quota volume and then moving data back).

All three NAS's now have the same data on them, however only one of the RN51600 NAS's is showing 'Available' and 'Consumed' size for each share.

The RN716x and other RN51600 do not show columns for 'Available' and 'Consumed' size at all on the encrypted volume.

They do however show the 'Available' and 'Consumed' size for the USB Encryption Key drive.

I am perplexed as all three are encrypted, all have the same data and all running current firmware 6.7.1 however one is showing the consumed and available data for local drive shares but the other two are not.

Further, when I click 'Refresh' on at the top right of the ReadyNAS screen (below Language), the columns for 'Available' and 'Consumed' briefly appear but then disappear (running Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)) but have also tried on Edge and IE with same results.

Any ideas?

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay,RN716X|ReadyNAS 716X Chassis
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
cpu8088
Virtuoso

go shares and select settings then enable quota

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello PerthPhil,

It does appear it is best to check this with the support team.

I checked your profile and found that you have registered all your ReadyNAS devices and one of them is entitled to a lifetime CHAT support.

I suggest contacting support team for this problem you raised.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
cpu8088
Virtuoso

go shares and select settings then enable quota

Message 3 of 4
PerthPhil
Tutor

CPU8088 - you are a complete legend. In my case it was Volume | Settings | Enable Quota (I had switched it off without realising it was necessary for size calcs when encrypting drives) but the result was the same. Appreciate the heads up.

You saved me a lengthy tech support call and a huge amount of worry. Thanks immensely with much gratitude 🙂

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay,RN716X|ReadyNAS 716X Chassis
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements