× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Ultra 2 won't boot after power failure

scouzer
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Ultra 2 won't boot after power failure

Hi my Power Supply for my ReadyNAS is broken. I have now borrowed a new. But after I connected it to then boot it up properly. None of the lights to the disk are lit and I can not access the web interface, and raidar can not find it either. However, I can ping it well. I have tried to access the boot menu to reinstall oset. Unsuccessfully. I have tried to take out the disks and put them back without making any difference. Are there anyone who can help me so I can move the data to a usb hard drive? Regards Kenneth

Model: ReadyNAS RNDU2110|ReadyNAS Ultra 2
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Ultra 2 won't boot after power failure

It sounds like there might have been other damage when the power brick failed.  Does RAIDar find the Ultra when there are no disks installed?

If you can connect one of the disks to a windows PC (sata or via a USB adapter) you might try R-linux for Windows ( http://www.r-tt.com/free_linux_recovery/ ).  It should be able to read the data volume for single-disk and RAID-1 volumes.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

It sounds like there might have been other damage when the power brick failed.  Does RAIDar find the Ultra when there are no disks installed?

If you can connect one of the disks to a windows PC (sata or via a USB adapter) you might try R-linux for Windows ( http://www.r-tt.com/free_linux_recovery/ ).  It should be able to read the data volume for single-disk and RAID-1 volumes.

Message 2 of 7
scouzer
Aspirant

Raidar can't find it with the disks disconnected. I think I may give R-linux a go.

Is it easy to use, since I am not that great with Linux

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@scouzer wrote:

Raidar can't find it with the disks disconnected. I think I may give R-linux a go.

Is it easy to use, since I am not that great with Linux

It's a windows program that supports the ext disk format used by your NAS, so it doesn't require any linux skills.

Message 4 of 7
scouzer
Aspirant

I have now attached the disks by using a SATA to Usb converter.

But R linux doesn't seem to see the disks properly.

It just says empty disk.

Do I have to initialize it first?

Message 5 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

Don't initialize it -- that'll delete your data.  What size are the drives and are you sure the converter you got supports drives of that size?

Message 6 of 7
scouzer
Aspirant

Another usb port Seem to do the trick😊
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements