× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Ultra 4 newly upgraded to 6.9.5 from OS4 and need question answered.

Kerviel
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Ultra 4 newly upgraded to 6.9.5 from OS4 and need question answered.

I apologize for posting a question I know has been answered in here, however I read the post about a month ago and I have been unsuccessful relocating the post for the past few days.

I recently upgraded my Ultra 4 from OS4 to OS6 and loaded all my data back onto it and everything is working great, thank you all for the many helpful threads here on that.  I have 4 x 3TB drives in it and I am looking to expand it, but I am unsure how big I can go from here.  Originally I was thinking I would be starting from the 4 x 1TB that I had initially, however I believe since I had to reset everything for the OS6 upgrade that I am starting from that point now instead.  So I'm thinking I still have my full 8TB expansion limit available?  So my question really is, what is the largest I can upgrade too from this point?

Thanks!

Model: ReadyNAS-Ultra 4|ReadyNAS-Ultra 4
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Ultra 4 newly upgraded to 6.9.5 from OS4 and need question answered.

@Kerviel wrote:

So I'm thinking I still have my full 8TB expansion limit available? 

OS 6 doesn't have any expansion limits Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Kerviel wrote:

So I'm thinking I still have my full 8TB expansion limit available? 

OS 6 doesn't have any expansion limits Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Kerviel
Aspirant

Thank you StephenB,

So the thread I read  about 8TiB over lifetime volume growth does not apply with OS6?  That is great news!

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Kerviel wrote:

So the thread I read  about 8TiB over lifetime volume growth does not apply with OS6?  

Correct.  Neither does the other expansion limit with OS 4.2 (not being able to expand a volume over 16 TiB).

@Kerviel wrote:

That is great news!

Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements