× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus

Shah079012
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus

Good morning, can I please get a techincal contact to remotely login to my NAS (ReadyNAS Ultra 6) login code 52944 and latest screenshot below.

Netgear ReadyNAS Ultra 6, Firmware 4.2.3.0

I have had someone from “Netgear Community” look at this previously and I already know what the issue is https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/lost-access-to-READYNAS-ULTRA-6/td-p/1237161/hi...

Previously I was unable to access the drive and he Replaced the SMB config file with the default one and now the share is accessible over SMB.  But now the log on the root volume on system appears full again and I do not have the knowledge to remedy this.

It has been suggested that if this occurs that, one will then need to find what's filled it and deal with that then check config files to see if they have been corrupted (due to the full root volume) and if so deal with that.

I am now unable to access the Netgear router webpage at - https://192.168.0.1/

ReadyNAS webpage is fine at - https://192.168.0.5/admin/

assistance would be sooo greatly appreciated

nasfront.png

log.png

ip.png

previous thread and assistance provided by the awesome mgdm below

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/lost-access-to-READYNAS-ULTRA-6/td-p/1237161/hi...

Model: ReadyNASRNDU6320|ReadyNAS Ultra 6
Message 1 of 8
Shah079012
Aspirant

does anyone please know how to do the below?  preiously this was done and it sorted my porblem...

"Replaced the SMB config file with the default one and now the share is accessible over SMB".

Model: ReadyNASRNDP600U|ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus Chassis only
Message 2 of 8
Ki_Adi_Mundi
NETGEAR Expert

Did a quick check, didn't find root full:

nas-EA-CE-D0:~# df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/md0              4.0G  455M  3.4G  12% /
tmpfs                  16K     0   16K   0% /USB
/dev/c/c              9.1T  8.2T  923G  91% /c
nas-EA-CE-D0:~# df -i
Filesystem            Inodes   IUsed   IFree IUse% Mounted on
/dev/md0               65536   12936   52600   20% /
tmpfs                 126593       1  126592    1% /USB
/dev/c/c             152168448  495900 151672548    1% /c
Message 3 of 8
Shah079012
Aspirant

many thanks for taking a quick look, this seemed to fix the issue last time, i have tried os re-install already this morning a couple of times to no effect.  I gave my login access previous and permission but im not exactly sure what he did for me.  From all of the forums i have read on the net and on here I cant find any solid answers on how to remedy this other than "Replaced the SMB config file with the default one and now the share is accessible over SMB". that seemed to do the trick last time. though i cant find any instructions on how to do this.  Are there any available?

many thanks for your assistance

Message 4 of 8
Shah079012
Aspirant

i can provide the log file printouts if that would help also

Model: ReadyNASRNDP6000|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 5 of 8
Ki_Adi_Mundi
NETGEAR Expert

I had remote access, so logs are not necessary.  

Seems some settings lost  in /etc/default/services,  may try re-set something,  can you enable CIFS in Services->Standard File Protocols by admin UI ? 

Message 6 of 8
Shah079012
Aspirant

done

Message 7 of 8
Shah079012
Aspirant

actually just doing that seemed to work! unless you did something in the last minute

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements