× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Ultra 6+ no / mount - Case 23560655

Hibtek
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Ultra 6+ no / mount - Case 23560655

Hi all,

I have a problem with my ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus, first I lost connection to the device via Windows shares, I thought at one point it was my other computer being stupid, as I could get in to other shares ok, just not "Public", it was giving me access denied errors, so I logged onto the web page and went to check the settings, Frontview was fine for the start of this, but when it went to security then users and groups, I selected the user and tried to change his password, as his windows password had changed, I made the change and clicked apply nothing happened, I checked a few more pages and then the center section of the web page no longer loaded, I checked on another machine and was unable to access the NAS either, I tried to log on to the webpage and got a box stating to contact support.

I have SSH enabled because I install addons, so I checked on SSH and could see that the 4g partition was full, I could not see what was talking so much space, but a folder called Photo2-0 was there and it was 3.4Gb, so I moved that to the /c, this cleared up the space. after I had some space cleared up I rebooted the NAS, all came back ok but I can see from SSH that the / is not being mounted.

And in the dmsg logs I can see

ioctl32(mount:2046): Unknown cmd fd(3) cmd(80041272){t:12;sz:4} arg(ff9ac4c8) on /
ioctl32(mount:2046): Unknown cmd fd(3) cmd(00001260){t:12;sz:0} arg(ff9ac4d4) on /

not sure if that is related?

I have a case open with Netgear, but they said I might be denied support as I have SSH enabled, which is fair enough.

Its been in tech support mode all day but no one has updated the case so I guess L3 peeps are busy as always.

My data is still there as when the NAS boots up I can access it ok.

The last thing I installed was an updated version of Transmission 2.84 from 2.82, which went ok, had to remove it and re install it then edit the settings file, it works ok and did everything else, then about 2-3 days later this happened.

I also have ReadyPHoto2 running and was sharing a few photos, which I I guess what that Photo2-0 folder on the / was

Anyone had something like this before?

Thanks

Chris
Message 1 of 6
arjoseph1
Tutor

Re: ReadyNAS Ultra 6+ no / mount - Case 23560655

I have checked your case and all seems to be ok. I was able to mount you data volume with no problem. The error you saw is not related to the root full issue so you should be ok. Kindly get back with support see my findings. Thanks.
Message 2 of 6
Hibtek
Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks for looking at it, I did say that I moved the photos2-0 folder which was 3.4GB, which cleared up some space on the / partition

This is the mounts.txt from the downloaded logs, can you let me know if its ok

This is the old one from a log file a while ago
/dev/md0 on / type ext2 (rw,noatime,nodiratime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
tmpfs on /ramfs type ramfs (rw)
tmpfs on /USB type tmpfs (rw,size=16k)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
/dev/c/c on /c type ext4 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,acl,user_xattr,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv1)
nfsd on /proc/fs/nfsd type nfsd (rw)

and this is the new one from today
/dev/c/c on /c type ext4 (rw,noatime,acl,user_xattr,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv1)

you can see that this entry is missing

also on my Logs view, the history has gone.

I did not create the Photo2-0 folder on the / but moved it as it was the only big folder on the / I did not recognise

This is from my other ReadyNAS
/dev/c/c on /c type ext4 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,acl,user_xattr,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv1)
/c/FTP-Share on /home/ftp/FTP-Share type bind (rw,bind)

is it worth doing a factory reset or an OS reinstall?
Message 3 of 6
arjoseph1
Tutor

It's ok you may do OS re-install.
Message 4 of 6
Hibtek
Aspirant

[Solved] ReadyNAS Ultra 6+ no / mount - Case 23560655

Hi,

That worked great, thanks, Im still not sure where the /Photo2-0 folder came from, but its does seem to be a copy of all the images in my ReadyNAS Photo Library.

the Webpage and photos are still working ok and the folder has not yet appeared again
Message 5 of 6
Hibtek
Aspirant

Finally found out what was filling up the space on the root partition, it was the Photo II Backup, I had told it to backup, but never selected a location, so it seems to put it on the /

The time set for the backup was the same time the folder was created. Turned this of yesterday and no problem again today.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements