× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS duo timing out when copying files.

Jason210
Aspirant

ReadyNAS duo timing out when copying files.

Occasionally I have accessed the ReadyNas duo as a network device by entering its IP address in Explorer, using the format:

\\192.168.x.x

This reveals the shared folders on the device. However there are two problems:

1. Entering the IP address doesn't always give me access to the device - I have to run RAIDAR first
2. Much more seriously, when copying large files to a share on the device, the process times out before the file has completed copying.

Any ideas?

Cheers!
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS duo timing out when copying files.

I never need to run Raidar first, not sure what is happening there.

On the timeout, are you running WiFi? Usually a timeout on transfer is due to a network problem (resulting in a dropped connection). The bigger the transfer, the more likely it is that something might go wrong.

Probably you should check the Duo's network stats for problems. One approach is to clear them first, then do a large transfer / wait for failure, and then check them.
Message 2 of 3
Jason210
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS duo timing out when copying files.

No, not using a WiFI, using normal Cat 5e LAN cables.

I tried to copy an image, which is about 8GB, several times and on each occasion it times out, without fail.

The funny thing is that I regularly create images using Acronis Boot Media, and these images are saved over the network to the NAS without any problem. The problem seems to occur only when accessing the NAS as share via Windows.

I think the two problems are related (the need to run RAIDAR and the timign out) because I've been testing it today and after a certain time has elapsed, I need to run RAIDAR to find the device.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements