× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS error: "mount_block_root+1f1"

MarkusX0
Tutor

ReadyNAS error: "mount_block_root+1f1"

I upgraded my RN316-100 NAS last night fom 6.7.1 to 6.7.4.. this evening after booting up the system .. I received.. 

mount_block_root+1f1

..as the last resting place for my 316.. I have over 15 TB of information and data that has to be recovered.. the NAS willnot respond to anything.. I have tried to reinstall the OS I have tried to boot it from USB.. the system will not boot.. I must access my data and this has to be fixed as soon as possible...

Does anyone know what happened that NETGEAR messed up the firmware for these machines?

Does anyone know of anyway to repair the system...

Help in this matter would be greatly appreciated..

Model: RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
MarkusX0
Tutor

Re: ReadyNAS error: "mount_block_root+1f1"

Thanks for the PM.. the actual problem here was the USB Flash Drive I tried to use at first.. ( PNY 64GB )

...for those who do not know the method being used is the USB Recovery Tool on x86 RN316-100NAS..

I picked up a small 16 GB flash drive for about $10 at WalMart.. ( onn USB 2.0 Flash Drive 16GB )

Brought that home and tried with the files. This did not allow mine to boot into the recovery but gave a DEBUG: 56618 message on the LCD..  - which indicated failure of the Boot recovery process..

after the second format and using the regular files and the 6.7.4 firmware the system successfully recovered twice ( second time was because I did not know to remove the USB...) Gave a relatively short Booting..' message then shut off.. 

Everything seems to be intact... First boot gave the typical ( Err: no disk detected... ) because I did all of this with my drives out of the system so nothing got changed if there was even a possibility...

Solved...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MarkusX0 I've sent you a PM.

Message 2 of 4
MarkusX0
Tutor

Thanks for the PM.. the actual problem here was the USB Flash Drive I tried to use at first.. ( PNY 64GB )

...for those who do not know the method being used is the USB Recovery Tool on x86 RN316-100NAS..

I picked up a small 16 GB flash drive for about $10 at WalMart.. ( onn USB 2.0 Flash Drive 16GB )

Brought that home and tried with the files. This did not allow mine to boot into the recovery but gave a DEBUG: 56618 message on the LCD..  - which indicated failure of the Boot recovery process..

after the second format and using the regular files and the 6.7.4 firmware the system successfully recovered twice ( second time was because I did not know to remove the USB...) Gave a relatively short Booting..' message then shut off.. 

Everything seems to be intact... First boot gave the typical ( Err: no disk detected... ) because I did all of this with my drives out of the system so nothing got changed if there was even a possibility...

Solved...

Message 3 of 4
techman05
Guide

Is there any off site place to download the files needed for a restore. My download seems slower than I'd like. I'm hoping its just a few of us trying to fix this issue on our Nas'es

I'm having this issue on a readynas rn314

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements