× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS for a different dummy

hboswell
Aspirant

ReadyNAS for a different dummy

We have a ReadyNAS 312, which was primarily bought to support our Egnyte cloud application, but it seems like we should be able to use the ReadyNAS for more than just supporting Egnyte. I'm trying to sort out the concepts of shares, and personal folders, and permissions. If I browse the network (Windows, I'm running Win 😎 I can see the ReadyNAS both from Computer and from Network, but it looks like I'm seeing two different things.

From Computer, I see Music, Pictures, Video, and Browse Folder - they're all empty.

From Network, I see Backup, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos, hboswell (my account folder?), and elc (the Egnyte share). But it tells me I don't have permission to access the Egnyte share, even though my Egnyte account is an administrator, and should be the same as my ReadyNAS account.

If I go to Network--> Documents, and create a document, is that created in a personal (private) folder, or a shared folder?

If I go to Network --> hboswell, and create a document, is that created in a personal folder, or a shared folder?

I think I've just missed something very basic on how this works.
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS for a different dummy

hboswell wrote:
If I go to Network--> Documents, and create a document, is that created in a personal (private) folder, or a shared folder?
It is in a shared folder.

hboswell wrote:
If I go to Network --> hboswell, and create a document, is that created in a personal folder, or a shared folder?
It is in a private share (e.g. a personal folder).
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements