× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS104 + 6.2.4 Update

Brannor
Guide

ReadyNAS104 + 6.2.4 Update

Hi there,

I just did an update from 6.1.9 to 6.2.4 and the NAS display is just sitting there saying: "Restarting now. See you soon."

Been that way for about 20 minutes. 😐

What do I do?

-G
Message 1 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You might need to manually power the system off then turn it on again.

It should have shutdown within a minute or two.
Message 2 of 8
Brannor
Guide

Power cycled and see that it is now showing as Device is Offline after showing that it is still on 6.1.9 (splash screen)

Then does the "Connection Lost" thing.

However... can still access my ReadyNAS Suirvellance software...

-G
Message 3 of 8
Brannor
Guide

Just refreshed and showing as 6.2.4 🙂
Message 4 of 8
TonV
Aspirant

Same issue here, shutdown does not work, RN104 tells 'goodbye' but actually continues running... Can still access front view and shares. No apps running, even after several attempts no real shutdown (nor restart). I guess there is a bug here... (Running 6.2.4).

I really hate pulling the plug, is there another way to shutdown "properly"?
Message 5 of 8
BJB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does this happen to everyone that updates to 6.2.4??? If so I'll think I'll wait.....
I am fine with beta or software with bugs on my PC but not on my NAS that I use for backup.

As mentioned, doing a hard power down and just hoping it updates seems rather crude.

Surprised this was reported in May and it is almost July and we are still on the same firmware?
BJB
Message 6 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We have a large install base and it can be easy to assume an issue is more widespread than it actually is.

Furthermore Brannor's opening post indicates he had the issue when rebooting to do the upgrade. If there is a bug this would suggest one with 6.1.9 not with 6.2.4.

We have a new beta firmware release released today: http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=154&t=78866
Message 7 of 8
BJB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks mdgm. Making that assumption is certainly easy but certainly worth checking on.

BJB
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements