× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS104 power supply failure and warranty

Harleyfart
Tutor

ReadyNAS104 power supply failure and warranty

Checked my warranty on a ReadyNAS 104 that blew a power supply a few months ago.

Warranty Status indicates warranty on power supply for this unit until May 2017, but when I try to do RMA, I get a message saying that my warranty has expired. Odd thing is that the device was acquired about a 1.5 years ago.

WHICH IS IT, Netgear? Is the device covered under the WARRANTY, as stated under WARRANTY STATUS, or, is the warranty offered just this side of worthless?

*************   1720 hrs   **************
Looked a bit closer at the 'warranty'. It has an incorrect S/N listed. The one on the warranty does not match what is on this unit and I do not recall ever sending a ReadyNAS unit in on an RMA. Date of acquisition is correct but something is totally screwy here. I'll be following up with support. Bizarre that I would even know a different S/N, and I haven't sent in the unit on an RMA.....

Message 1 of 7
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @Harleyfart,

Regarding your RN104, I do see that you used Online Registration to register your ReadyNAS 104 the middle of last year, and it has never been updated. 

If you can private message me your proof of purchase and a photo of the serial label, I can look into updating this for you. 

Message 2 of 7
Harleyfart
Tutor

I have the receipt and can do a photo of the bottom of the unit.

My quandry is that there is a different S/N listed in the 'registered' product than what is on my unit. I also have noticed that the registered product description indicates an RN10400. Is that the same as a ReadyNAS NV+? That is what is on the front door of this unit.

My confusion is that I do not remember doing any RMA on a ReadyNAS unit...ever. But, my memory is not what it used to be and I have no clue where to look to find whether an RMA was done. Regardless though, the warranty should not be showing OK in one place and not in another.

All I want at this point is an internal power supply replacement, IF, the warranty is still intact.

I will have to look at how to private message you with receipt file and pic of bottom of unit.

Message 3 of 7
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

RN10400 is a ReadyNAS 104, not a RND4000, which is the NV+.  Not sure where you'd find a brand new RND4000 if that's what you tried to register before. 

I did check your account and I was not able to find an RMA (unless you have multiple my.netgear.com accounts - I only checked the e-mail associated to your forum account). 

Private Message me what SN you have and I can try and track this down for you.

Message 4 of 7
Harleyfart
Tutor

ReadyNAS Warranty Status_1.pngReadyNAS Warranty Status_2.png
S/N on unit in my possession is on the purchase receipt I just emailed you. Above is what is displayed on Warranty Status.

You can see from receipt that it indicates an RN10400-100NAS but I am at a loss as to how I have the RND4000 in my possession with an entirely different S/N. The only thing I can think that might explain it would be that I purchased a service agreement from the store, had some kind of problem with original unit, took it back to the store, which replaced it with most comparable item that they had. That is all I can come up with.

Message 5 of 7
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Looks like you have 2 ReadyNAS devices and 2 accounts. Your receipt shows a new chassis purchase (RN104) and not a power supply replacement from Fry's. Your NV+ is registered to a different account.  

Message 6 of 7
Harleyfart
Tutor

Really?
I only have the one ReadyNAS. I've never had two of them.
And, no, I've never purchased an internal power supply from Fry's. I purchased the power supply from Amazon. The vendor is located in Great Britian.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements