× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 102 firmware 6.10.1 backup ftp to server does not work anymore

MWIJK
Tutor

ReadyNas 102 firmware 6.10.1 backup ftp to server does not work anymore

Seems that firmware 6.9.4 introduced a bug in the backup by ftp to a remote server. This has been reported already last november.

FTP connection can be made, but once the backup starts the file transfer fails. Downgrading to 6.9.3 the backup to a remote ftp server works again. In the meantime firmware version 6.10.1 and after a view revisions further, the issue has still not been solved.

Do I oversee something here? Is this really a bug? More important, can I go back to the working version 6.9.3?

Any help is appreciated!

Martin

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 4
MWIJK
Tutor

Re: ReadyNas 102 firmware 6.10.1 backup ftp to server does not work anymore

Two weeks further... Not solved yet. Very annoying.

What's this tech people? Any reaction? Any suggestions? Can I go back to the last working 6.9.3 version?

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 2 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@MWIJK

Thanks for the logs.

I tried to reproduce the issue on one of my NAS running on 6.10.1 and the backup to ftp server actually completes without any issue, though I am getting into the same scenario as yours when editing the backup job and testing the connection to the ftp server where the connection fails but ignoring it and trying to run the backup job, it still completes.

on the logs I saw a lot of "fvbackup_ftp.c:514 (error) curl_easy_perform() failed: 55 Failed sending data to the peer" and I have asked for advise on this and also, checked on the web and the cause can possibly be the FTP server or FTP user exceeded quotas or limits, e.g hard disk quota, in the middle of the backup process and this can be solved by adjusting the limits of the server and user.

Not really sure why it is happening on 6.10.1 and I'm not excluding the possibility that it might be an issue but I'm not getting any error at this time when reproducing backup.

Regards

Message 3 of 4
MWIJK
Tutor

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your effort on this! There is some movement on this. I did notice the folowing in the meantime:

I completely deleted the destination folder to see whether this solves the problem. Surpricingly, files ARE transferred, however, most (say 95%) are empty (0kb). Some are ok. Strange....

So, there is connection (despite of the connection failed message using the 'Test Connection' button).

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements